New location

Come on over to my new site: www.endurancenerd.com


Going to be posting regularly there.

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Statement

I thought a while before deciding to start this site.  I don't want this to turn into a bunch of verbal diarrhea where I spout vitriole or mundane daily occurences.  (I had enough of that in the cycling forums)  

My hope is that I can use this as a cathartic documentation of the things I have been passionate (in my professional life) about the last decade or so.  Those things are:
  • Bike fitting
  • physical therapy and training
  • bicycle commuting
I am a physical therapist by trade and have been performing bike fits for the better part of the last 10 years (I have been a PT for 12 years).  

Some things (about bikes) that I believe:
  • Bikes should be a primary means of transportation.  Period.
  • PTs, ATCs, Biomechanists (MS or higher), sports medicine physicians are better equipped than just about anyone else to properly fit you to your bike.
  • Stock bike manufacturers are dropping the ball with respect to bike fit when they spec the geometry for their frames.
More, of course, on all of this later.  But welcome and happy riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment