New location

Come on over to my new site: www.endurancenerd.com


Going to be posting regularly there.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kudos to Cyclingnews.com

Bike industry mags and websites often do reviews of bikes and components, and 98% of the time they're worthless.  Wanna know how I know?  Because they rarely, if ever, say anything negative, and if they do, they couch it in some platitude that seemingly spins it as a positive or at least neutral.

I understand why this is.  It's not hard to see the score of the game.....these sites and magazines rely on sponsors -- the very companies whose bikes they're reviewing -- and they don't want to drive the money away.  That's why when I see a pretty honest review with actual negatives listed in it I get a warm glow-ey feeling inside.

Kudos to Cyclingnews.com for their review of the new Felt Edict 29er full suspension.  They go into detail on the bike's short-comings that start with it's poor front end geometry (which Felt is not alone on -- many/most 29er manufacturers screw this up) and end at some of the part choices.

It happens so infrequently that I thought it was worth mentioning....

No comments:

Post a Comment