New location

Come on over to my new site: www.endurancenerd.com


Going to be posting regularly there.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seven Sola S single-speed

I love how this bike turned out. You may have seen it in older posts when I was building it with my new dee-luxe headset press.

Briefly on the build:

It is a full Ti frame with slider dropouts, the brakes are Avid mechanicals (likely upgrade to their Mag CRs in a bit), Seven Kit, Truvativ Noir single-speed crankset, Chris King/DT 470 wheels, matching King headset, Kenda Karma tires, and last but not least a DT Swiss XMC 100 fork. The fork has a huge pricetag ($1400 retail!!) but I was blown away by the suppleness and features on the fork right out of the box. DT says it will "break in" after 20 hours of riding or so, but it felt pretty good on the shakedown ride to me.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment